14 September 2005

Meanderings of an addled mind

It was bound to happen: Google now has a blogsearch function.

 

Of course, seeing as many, if not most bloggers tend to be rather anonymous, it's not that easy to find people. In fact, the only person I was able to find was myself, but then again, if you know me it's not too difficult to figure out. Either way, for me it was a letdown: I know where my blog is.

 

The most interesting part, however, was how many previous SPL posts it located have been deleted.

 

Many of you know I have somewhat recently performed a virtual purge on these here pages, and my life, of someone I shall hitherto refer to as the Deleted One, a.k.a. Dead-To-Me-Go-Rot-In-Hell. (Unfortunately, deleting people from your brain takes a bit longer, but I'm working on it by maniacally watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind .)

 

In the meantime, I have wasted half a day looking.

 

Of course, it's easy to get sucked into the Web—so far today between looking for blogs, bikes and room and board (my bro's on a mission to move me to Manayunk, or ManyHunks as that bald anorexic beyond-vegan raw food junkie Justin calls it, so curiosity's got me thinking a move to Philly's bicycle-mecca might be in order post-snow days) I've done nada.

 

Except for a quick trip to that great green Satan: Starbucks.

 

Failed vegan I may be these days, what with my recent Swiss-on-crackers addiction, but with the exception of those minor cow milk fat magnet transgressions, I love my soy and soy products. Is that so wrong? (Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I did take the Farm Sanctuary "Go Vegan!" sticker off my car so as not to appear the hypocrite as I carted the cow-stuff outta' Trader Joe's!)

 

And goddamn did it taste good, like a little liquid slice of chocolate heaven as I drove back to the dark, dismal Bat Cave* marveling at how fast the weather's changing to fall (or autumn for you humorless hardasses).

 

As if the Halloween candy and decorations at the drug store didn't give it away, the swirly wind sending leaves in circles under my tires as I rode home from ManyHunks last night sealed the deal. The paved path along the Schuykill is dumb pedestrian hell in daylight, but as soon as it's dark and the yuppies retreat to their TVs the river looks like a dark, placid lake and all you can hear is turning of your wheels … and the occasional boomin' system going by.

 

Even though, it's awesome.

 

Fall is my favorite season, and this one's gearing up to be one of the best yet. After the suicidal tendency-inducing summer complete with lying losers, broken cars, shitty jobs and house-disrupting construction I've suffered through, I certainly deserve it.

 

Bring on the pumpkins!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for scrap cars sydney
cash for cars melbourne city

2:42 AM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car buyer in sydney
scrap my car sydney

4:27 AM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
car for cash brisbane
cars for cash gold coast


8:52 AM  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. One option that should definitely be considered is cash for cars near me, as they provide a free car removal service. Firstly, if you own an unwanted car sitting in your driveway, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise just in bad condition, you could really benefit from a cash for cars Gold Coast removal service. They provide a free, no-obligation, professional service to help you get rid of your unwanted car.
sell car to wreckers
sell car for cash

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sydney Autos said...

Scrap car removal has given an exceptional internet offering a different choose for Sydney cash for cars for a long period of time. Our central services gives an instant money offer to your used old car, Vans, SUVs, Utes, 4WDs, Bikes, Trucks, or business vehicle. Same Day Sell your used cars easily with Sydney unwanted car removals.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Local Cash For Cars said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. unwanted car removal is the best and safest place to sell your unwanted car. Call Us Now 0483 333 000

8:55 AM  
Blogger North Coast Wreckers said...

Great post and very informative post. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. Scrap Yard Townsville

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home